Thursday, March 15, 2007

Passions run high!

It's been an emotional week. Hearing about Morgan Tsvangirai and other activists being beaten up for voicing their opinions.
Knowing that it's 99.9% likely that I'll have to postpone my trip to Africa due to the Home Office taking longer than quoted to process my visa.
And today. Oh today. Ireland and Zimbabwe DRAWING at cricket.

How can we possibly draw at cricket .. with Ireland? I used to like the Irish people but not today ... unlucky for my Irish friend who I watched the game with - he got hit over the head by with a menu at the end of it all. That is the very first time in my life that the outcome of a sports game has nearly made me cry. And as for my fingernails, there's nothing left to them.

A nice surprise was seeing a school friend coming in as a opening batsman ... good ol' Terry Duffin!
That was great, but better luck next time boys!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

luck of the irish?!

2:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home